What is a Fast Track ?
- A program to provide prompt procedural management for appropriately selected patients.
- A directed history and physical examination is performed and the requested procedure is performed on the same day for the convenience of the patient.
- Patients are provided procedural management as directed by the referring physician. No ongoing medical management or follow-up is involved.
- Clinical protocols are followed. If the PCET physician feels that a substantial change from the protocol is required, he will contact the referring physician.
- Our goal is for the patient to undergo the first intervention within 5 days of referral call.
Which Patients Should be Referred?
The following guidelines help in the determination of which patients to refer. Patients with defined and clear procedural needs. Patients without serious concurrent medical problems of complex issues that require more thorough evaluation.
Click here for a full list of procedures